Looking for files can be time consuming and filled with frustration. This can be minimized by establishing an organized folder structure to maintain all files.
Here are some hints for effective folder structures:
- Retain files in folders on a shared drive or in the Cloud so all Staff can access the information
- Create a folder structure and organization that aligns with your organization’s business needs
EXAMPLE: Follow an approach similar to how a library organizes its books: by topic and category
- Ensure the folders’ names represent the files that will be included within each of them
- Utilize sub-folders to further organize files within the established folders
- Validate with others within your organization to ensure the folder structure and organization is logical and concise
Aldridge Kerr can assist you in establishing clearly defined folder management. Contact Charlene Aldridge at 972.447.9787 or CharleneAldridge@aldridgekerr.com to discuss how we can assist you in improving how you do what you do.
And, be sure to sign up for our newsletter