Yes, we at Aldridge Kerr can be a broken record when it comes to reminding folks of the importance of knowing your organization’s Critical Processes. Having clarity as to what processes are most critical provides a long list of solutions. One of those includes helping to prepare for a business interruption, our focus for October.
Why? When interruptions occur, it allows the organization to know what processes:
- Need to be up and running first
- Identify those that have the highest financial impact if not available
- Position the organization to focus its preparedness first on those Critical Processes
So how do you get started?
- Identify your Critical Processes within your organization
- Establish tools and resources so that those processes are best positioned to be available when interruption occurs
- Determine what is required to mitigate the risk related to those Critical Processes being unavailable during business interruption
Aldridge Kerr can assist you in the preparedness. Contact Charlene Aldridge at 972.447.9787 or CharleneAldridge@aldridgekerr.com to discuss how we can assist you in improving how you do what you do.
Sign up for our newsletter here.
If you prefer a do-it-yourself approach, check out My COO Resources. It will guide you through the identification of your Critical Processes.