Are your organization’s policies really policy statements? Would you answer “yes” to any of the questions below?
- Do your policies include instructions, process steps, detailed/specific information related to the policy?
- Are your policies more about what is done versus why it is done?
- Are your policies more than 3 to 7 pages long?
- Do your policies expand beyond defining why your organization exists, your values, mission, and priorities?
- Do your policies include time-driven statements (“must be done annually”)?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then it may be time to reassess the approach you are taking to ensuring your policies are really policies (versus processes) and whether or not they are relevant?
Aldridge Kerr can assist you in updating or writing your policies. Contact Charlene Aldridge at 972.447.9787 or CharleneAldridge@aldridgekerr.com to discuss how we can assist you in improving how you do what you do.
And, be sure to sign up for our newsletter